Excellent results & less impact with advanced & minimally invasive procedures
Today, urology specialist John Matteucci, Jr., MD, is able to treat many conditions with minimal surgical invasion and impact. Maybe even yours.
And he performs most of these advanced methods — some of which are not offered by other urology doctors — in the comfort, convenience and privacy of our state-of-the-art office. Here are some of the leading-edge techniques and procedures Dr. Matteucci offers:
- Laser lithotripsy kidney stone treatment – Pulses of intense laser light break up stones that can form in the urinary tract, usually in the bladder or kidney, and restrict urine flow. Performed as an outpatient procedure, you can go home after a brief recovery period.
- Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL) – Also for kidney and bladder stones, Dr. Matteucci uses high-energy shock waves to pulverize stones in your urinary tract — without harming your body — so you can pass them.
- Tension-free vaginal tape (TVT) – For bladder problems in women. Using a mesh-like tape inserted through the vagina, Dr. Matteucci can restore mechanical support of your urethra to treat stress urinary incontinence.
- Transurethral microwave thermotherapy (TUMT) – Microwave energy is used to reduce the prostate and improve urine flow restricted due to benign prostate enlargement – with fewer side effects than traditional enlarged prostate treatment.
- Transurethral needle ablation (TUNA) – Low-level radiofrequency energy emitted from a small probe destroys some prostate tissue, reducing your enlarged prostate.
- In-office vasectomy – Dr. Matteucci is one of only a handful of specialists in urology performing male sterilization as an in-office procedure.
- In-office biopsy – Dr. Matteucci can excise the tiny bladder or prostate tissue samples necessary for bladder and prostate cancer screening to determine the presence of cancer cells.
Trust minimally invasive procedures from Dr. John Matteucci, Jr., FACS. Call 262-653-9221 or use our convenient Request an Appointment form.